Limit 1 Per Customer on Both Editions.
About the Book:
The Overlook Hotel claimed the most beautiful physical setting of any resort in the world; but Jack Torrance, the new winter caretaker, with his wife Wendy and their five-year-old son Danny, saw much more than its splendor.
Jack saw the Overlook as an opportunity, a desperate way back from failure and despair; Wendy saw this lonely sanctuary as a frail chance to perserve their family; and Danny? Danny, who was blessed or cursed with a shining, precognitive gift, saw visions hideously beyond the comprehension of a small boy. He sensed the evil coiled within the Overlook's 110 empty rooms; an evil that was waiting just for them.
The Shining, by Stephen King, the undisputed master of the modern horror story.
Special Features For This Deluxe Special Edition:
• an introduction by Stephen King
• an afterword by Mick Garris
• the complete text of "Before the Play," Stephen King's 40 page prologue that has never appeared in any edition of The Shining, restored at the beginning of the book where King originally intended it to be published
• a Deleted Material section, which contains HUNDREDS of sentences, paragraphs, and even scenes not included in the final book we all know and love. Of particular interest is a four page section toward the end known as "After the Play," which even Stephen King believed had been lost forever because he didn't have a copy in his archives!
• an essay entitled, "The Shine Manuscript: An Early Draft of The Shining" by Jon Page, the collector who discovered all of the text we're including in the Deleted Material section
• deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing as part of the page design
• printed on a heavy interior specialty paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• custom-made slipcase for the Gift Edition, custom-made traycase for the Numbered Artist Edition, and custom-made three piece traycase for the Deluxe Lettered Artist Edition
• epic wrap-around full color dust jacket artwork by Don Maitz
• a different full color dust jacket for the Numbered Artist Edition painted by Don Maitz
• full color interior paintings by Don Maitz
• interior artwork will be printed on a heavy glossy stock and tipped into the book
• special limitation page artwork for all three editions by Glenn Chadbourne
• high-quality endpapers and fine bindings
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the TENS OF MILLIONS of copies of this novel you've seen in bookstores over the years!
Product Information: Published by Cemetery Dance. SHORT-TERM PREORDER: Shipping July/August 2017.
Trade Hardcover in Custom Slipcase Signed by Richard Chizmar of New Novella Co-Written by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar This edition of Gwendy's Button Box...View full product details
Everville Deluxe Special Signed Edition by Clive Barker On the borderland between this world and the world of Quiddity, the sea of our dreams, sits...View full product details
Gorilla in My Room: Stories by Jack Ketchum Jack Ketchum is back with a brand new short story collection, full of the horror and terror...View full product details
The world we knew is gone. What world will rise in its place? The Twelve have been destroyed and the terrifying hundred-year reign of darkness...View full product details