The manuscript for this epic novel was more than 800 pages, so this will be one of the largest books CD ever published with probably only IT by Stephen King topping it. This will be a HUGE book in more ways than one considering it is also the first novel ever co-written by Stephen King and Owen King! We recommend you do not wait to place your order because we suspect most of the copies will be reserved in record time.
About this Deluxe Special Edition:
Stephen King and Owen King's collaborative novel, Sleeping Beauties.
In this spectacular father/son collaboration, the authors tell the highest of high-stakes stories: what might happen if women disappeared from the world of men?
In a future so real and near it might be now, something happens when women go to sleep; they become shrouded in a cocoon-like gauze. If they are awakened, if the gauze wrapping their bodies is disturbed or violated, the women become feral and spectacularly violent; and while they sleep they go to another place... The men of our world are abandoned, left to their increasingly primal devices. One woman, however, the mysterious Evie, is immune to the blessing or curse of the sleeping disease. Is Evie a medical anomaly to be studied? Or is she a demon who must be slain?
Set in a small Appalachian town whose primary employer is a women's prison, Sleeping Beauties is a wildly provocative, gloriously absorbing father/son collaboration between Stephen King and Owen King.
Printed in two colors and bound in fine materials, and there will be no second printings.
Special Features Exclusive to this Collector's Edition:
• Deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
• Printed on a heavy interior specialty acid-free paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• Featuring two colors of hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Deluxe bindings for all editions with colored head and tail bands
• Custom-made slipcase for the Gift Edition, custom-made traycase for the Signed Limited Edition, and hand-made traycase for the Deluxe Lettered Edition
• Epic wrap-around full color dust jacket artwork by Jana Heidersdorf
• A different full-color dust jacket for Signed Limited Edition
• Six to Eight full-color interior paintings by Jana Heidersdorf printed on a high-quality glossy stock and tipped into the book
• High-quality endpapers for all editions
• Full-color signature sheets in the signed editions
• Extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the print run of the trade hardcover edition from Scribner — and you will NOT find our edition in chain bookstores!
Available from Dark Regions Press in one state:
• Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 1,750 illustrated copies printed in two colors with two-color hot foil stamping, a fine binding, and housed in a custom-made slipcase exclusive to this edition
Ordering Multiple Copies:
There is a limit of one (1) Gift Edition per person or household.
Product Information: Published by Cemetery Dance. Shipping ETA: 2018.
Limit 1 Per Customer. About the Book:The Overlook Hotel claimed the most beautiful physical setting of any resort in the world; but Jack Torrance, the new...View full product details
The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King. First Edition hardcover with dust jacket. Published in 1987. Very Fine condition. In...View full product details
Extremely Limited 30 Copy Preorder of Night Shift by Stephen King Deluxe Special Edition Slipcased Gift Hardcover - Limit One Per Customer We are offering just...View full product details
Originally published in 1978, Night Shift brings together nineteen of Stephen King's most unsettling short pieces—bizarre tales of dark doings and unthinkable acts from the...View full product details