We are offering just 30 copies for preorder of Night Shift by Stephen King Deluxe Special Edition on DarkRegions.com. LIMIT: one per customer.
Featuring two pieces of full-color artwork by Mark Stutzman and TWENTY black and white interior illustrations by Chris Odgers
About the Book:
This new book of stories from the author of Carrie, The Shining, and 'Salem's Lot is a chilling collection of strange imaginings, ghoulish twists, and diabolical terror.
Stephen King, a modern master of the macabre, has brought together nineteen of his most unsettling short pieces—bizarre tales of dark doings and unthinkable acts from the twilight regions where horror and madness take on eerie, unearthly forms... where noises in the walls and shadows by the bed are always signs of something dreadful on the prowl.
The settings are familiar and unsuspected—a high school, a factory, a truck stop, a laundry, a field of Nebraska corn. But in Stephen King's world and place can serve as devil's ground... if the time of night is propitious and the forces of darkness are strong, and the victims are caught just slightly off guard.
In the ominous, frightening world of Stephen King there are things unimagined, almost unspeakable, working the Night Shift:
• Strange presences in Jerusalem's Lot, a town abandoned for generations—and with good reason. No one who wanders there now, after the sun has set, ever comes back alive...
• And the hideous growths on the hands of a former astronaut—tiny round and yellow eyes popping through the skin, watching him, not liking what they see...
• And the mysterious little girl lost in a fierce Maine blizzard, calling out to her rescuers in a pitiful voice. But she walks on top of the deep, drifting snow—and she leaves no tracks...
• And the grim-faced children in a Midwest town where no one seems to live past the age of nineteen...
• And the vermin in the second sub-celler of the old mill—abandoned to darkness for a hundred years and now assuming shapes and sizes nature never intended them to take...
• And the giant folding and steam pressing machine in the Blue Ribbon Laundry—an impressive and reliable piece of equipment, until it got its first taste of human blood...
• a foreword by Stephen King
• an introduction by John D. MacDonald
• a brand new afterword by Stewart O'Nan
• deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
• printed on a heavy interior specialty paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• custom-made slipcase for the Gift Edition, custom-made traycase for the Numbered Artist Edition, and custom-made three piece traycase for the Deluxe Lettered Artist Edition
• epic wrap-around full color dust jacket artwork by Mark Stutzman for the Gift Edition
• a different full color dust jacket for the Numbered Artist Edition painted by Mark Stutzman
• TWENTY black and white interior illustrations by Chris Odgers — see just a few samples above!
• signature sheet artwork for all three editions by Glenn Chadbourne
• high-quality endpapers and fine bindings
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the TENS OF MILLIONS of copies of this novel you've seen in bookstores over the years!
Product Information: Published by Cemetery Dance. ETA: 2018.
Limit 1 Per Customer. About the Book:The Overlook Hotel claimed the most beautiful physical setting of any resort in the world; but Jack Torrance, the new...View full product details
The manuscript for this epic novel was more than 800 pages, so this will be one of the largest books CD ever published with probably only...View full product details
The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King. First Edition hardcover with dust jacket. Published in 1987. Very Fine condition. In...View full product details
Originally published in 1978, Night Shift brings together nineteen of Stephen King's most unsettling short pieces—bizarre tales of dark doings and unthinkable acts from the...View full product details